Tuesday 29 July 2014

Biggleswade Town Council have yet to comply with The Information Commissioners Decision Notice of 27th March 2014.

UPDATE NO.4.


The Town Clerk contacted me on Wednesday 25th June 2014, but has still not complied with the Decision Notice. The Information Commissioners Office asked me to advise them if I had not received the information by close of play on Friday 4th July 2014. I have now advised them that I have not received the information. 

8th July 2014 - The Information Commissioner provided me with an update:


I have chased this with the council and I have advised it to contact you as soon as possible. In essence the council is now stating that the information has been either destroyed or otherwise is no longer in its possession.  Clearly, this provides cause for concern and I am seeking advice from colleagues in the Commissioner’s Enforcement team as to the next steps.  I will contact you again as soon as I have an update.

23rd July 2014 - The Information Commissioner provided me with a further update:

I have been advised by the Commissioner’s Investigation Team to approach the council with further queries to establish the facts in relation to the timing of the removal and/or destruction of the information you requested.  I have written to the council in this regard and it has until 30 July to respond, at which point I will consult with my colleagues again as to the next course of action.

I am sorry this process is taking so long but, giving the potential seriousness of the matter, I have to ensure I follow the correct procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment